Step Two The Basics
In mastering the Basics, you will learn about:
- Directing Calls
- Basic Extensions
- Open Extensions
- Managing Voicemail
- Placing Outbound Calls
- Managing Faxes
- Setting Up Notification
Your Mobile Manager receives calls and then routes them to your current location. You can send calls to any phone or location, allowing important calls to reach you. We refer to this feature as Find-Me-Follow-Me.
You are already set up to use Find-Me-Follow-Me. This means you already have several extensions that identify the locations where calls can be directed, such as your office or cellular phone. An extension can ring at one phone or multiple phones one after another. Each extension is represented by a two-digit number (10, 20, 21, 30, 31, etc.) and a name that you designate. We just need to confirm that your stored numbers are correct. Follow these simple instructions to check.
- Go to the web www.accessline.com/onecall.
- Enter your AccessLine number and PIN.
- Click on stored numbers (left side of the screen).
- Enter all appropriate numbers.
- Press OK when finished.
- *10 - Callers have the option to touch 0 to reach you at your HOME
- 20 - Callers will be forwarded directly to your OFFICE
- *21 - Callers have the option touch 0 to reach you at your OFFICE
- 30 - Callers will be forwarded directly to your CELL PHONE
- *31 - Callers have the option touch 0 to reach you at your CELL PHONE
- 40 - Callers will be forwarded directly to a number you program on the fly
- *50 - Callers have the option touch 0 to reach you at a number you program on the fly
- *70 - Callers will be directed directly to your VOICEMAIL
- *79 - Callers will be directed directly to your VOICEMAIL (alternative greeting)
* Recommended by OneCall.
Tip: The first time you change to an extension you have never used, it is a good idea to place a call to your Mobile Manager to confirm the call will be handled the way you intended.
Note that Directing Calls with Mobile Manager works differently from other call-forwarding services that only forward from one phone to another. With Mobile Manager, all calls are received by the Mobile Manager system first, and then are sent off to the various locations you choose. This gives you greater flexibility in how each call is handled.
To Change Extensions
To Direct Calls Using the Phone:
- Go to the Main Directory (Dial your Mobile Manager number, then enter your PIN)
- From the Main Directory, touch 2 to direct calls.
- Touch in the 2-digit extension of where you want your calls to go.
- Touch (*) or hang up to keep the extension active until you manually select another extension. You can also set a timer by touching in the hours and minutes. For example, for 1 hour and 30 minutes, touch 130. If you set the timer, touch the two-digit extension that indicates where you would like calls forwarded after the timer runs out.
Just as you put on your jacket when you leave a place, change your key locations on Mobile Manager when you leave a place as well. Typically, when you leave (your home for example), you are going to another key location (your office, for example).
Go to the Main Directory (Dial your Mobile Manager number, then enter your PIN)
- Enter extension “31” (for maximum benefit, we recommend this extension be used only when you are mobile or between “land lines”)
- The prompt will ask, “For how long?” Enter the time it takes to get where you are going from your present location (Office to home, appointment to office, for example).
At the next prompt, enter the extension for your new location (office 21, or appointment 70)
Repeat each time you leave a place.
To Direct Calls Using the Web:
- Once logged into your account, click the "Change" button at the top of the page next to the words "Current Active Extension."
- Select any extension you wish to activate.
Note: We recommend that you forward to a land line whenever possible, and cell as a last resort. (Cell is too unreliable and too expensive.)
|Previous | Next|